Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Strawberry Krispie Treats

One of my favorite things is Rice Krispies Treats, so when I came across these little strawberry HeartMallows I got a little excited.
I have to admit though, the strawberry flavor wasn't as strong as I would have liked, so I would maybe add some flavoring in next time.  They do have a pretty pinkness though. :)

I covered them in chocolate and sprinkles, and I tried cutting them with heart-shaped cookie cutters, but they weren't turning out so good, so I just cut the rest square.  I'm sure that they taste just as good. :)

I am pretty sure everyone knows how to make these, but since it's a recipe blog - I will post the entire recipe:

Ingredients:
6 c crispy rice cereal
1/4 c margarine
1/8 tsp strawberry flavoring (optional)
Strawberry HeartMallows (I used the whole bag, about 5 cups)
1-2 c chocolate chips
2 TBS shortening
sprinkles


Directions:
Measure out cereal into a large mixing bowl.  Melt margarine and stir in marshmallows 1 c at a time until melted.  Pour over cereal, stir until combined.  Press into greased 9x13 baking dish.

Place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe dish, and cook 2-3 minutes until melted.  Stir until smooth and pour over cereal and marshmallows.  Add sprinkles and allow to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails